If you’ve been asking, how do I reset the filter light on my Samsung refrigeration, or why is my red light still on after changing the filter? Come with us as we’ll be walking you through all you need to know about how to reset filter light Samsung refrigerator.
Interestingly, resetting the filter light is the first step in keeping your Samsung refrigerator clean and brimming with fresh and cool water. So, always watch out for when the light illuminates because this is your refrigerator telling you that the water filter needs to be changed.
So, in this post, we’ll walk you through the simple procedures of resetting the filter light to ensure that you keep using your Samsung refrigerator’s crisp, clean water and ice. Learn how to reset the filter light Samsung refrigerator correctly using the simple processes we’ll show you. Come with us!
Where is the Reset Button on a Samsung Refrigerator Located?
The position of the reset button on a Samsung refrigerator depends on the model. Therefore, we’ve detailed a few places you should check out for the button, and they include:
- Control Panel: One of the places you can find the reset button in your Samsung refrigerator is on the control panel. Locate the control panel and search beside the temperature button; you may find it there.
- Inside the refrigerator: Move to the right door inside your Samsung fridge and search for a red switch. This switch can be at the top of the refrigerator. Remember that it’s in a different position in all Samsung models.
- The Refrigerator’s back: In some of Samsung’s refrigerator models, you can find the reset button at the back. So, check the back of your refrigerator close to the power cord, and it might be there.
Check out the three places mentioned above to find your Samsung refrigerator reset button, depending on your model.
How to Reset Filter Light Samsung Refrigerator Fast
If you’ve been trying to learn how to reset filter light Samsung refrigerator fast, follow these procedures to get things done within minutes:
- The first thing to do is to find where your refrigerator’s reset button is located. As we said above, the position may differ due to the specific model you are using. However, in most cases, you can find it beside the refrigerator’s water and ice dispenser
- After you’ve located the reset button, you can press and hold the Ice Type or Child Lock button for a few seconds to get it fixed. This should be done between 3 to 5 seconds.
- Also, if you notice that your fridge has a particular type of Filter reset button, it is better instead
- While at it, wait until the indicator light goes off, which can only take some seconds.
- After that, you can let go of the reset button because by now, the Filter light should be fixed already, and it will start showing a sign that the filter light has been changed
Following the procedure above will help you know how to reset filter light Samsung Refrigerator without much stress.
How Do I Reset My Samsung Refrigerator’s Touch Screen?
If you need a guide on how to reset your Samsung refrigerator touchscreen, below are a few steps to help you:
- To be on the safer side, ensure you unplug the refrigerator from all forms of power supply
- Give it a little time, maybe 5 to 8 minutes, allow it to cool down, then plug it back
- After that, check if it has started working, and If not, you can try another strategy.
Now, if the above method does not work, move straight to the refrigerator’s right door and turn off the power switch. You should wait for at least 20 to 40 seconds after that before turning the power switch on again. These tips can get it done in minutes.
How to Replace RSG5UCRS Samsung Fridge Filter?
Most of the time, people ask about how to replace the RSG5UCRS Samsung refrigerator filter light. Check out the procedure below to get things done quickly:
- The first thing you need to do is locate the filter’s position. In most cases, the filter can be found in the drive compartment. It can be at the top or bottom front.
- Get your new filter ready by removing its protective Cap or cover, if it has any before you can install it.
- While at it, ensure that you shut off the water supply to the refrigerator. This can be done by simply turning off the water valve on the wall of your refrigerator or underneath it.
- Now, go ahead and remove the old filter and install the new one. You can remove the old filter by twisting it counterclockwise and twisting the new one clockwise to install it
- Furthermore, you can turn on the water supply you switched off earlier to enable water to run through the newly installed filter. Remember to allow enough water to run through the water dispenser to help it flush out any air or dirt.
- Double-check the newly installed filter to ensure no leaks; throw away the old one you removed, and you’re ready.
How to Reset Filter Light on Samsung Refrigerator Model RS27T5200SR?
If you want to know how to reset the filter light in the Samsung refrigerator, the RS27T52OOSR model, take a look at a few steps below:
Go to the control panel and look for the reset button. The “alarm” is boldly written, so it won’t be difficult to indicate. When found, hold it for 3 to 5 seconds to reset the filter. Once the filter light turns off, know your Samsung fridge filter light, RS27T52OOSR model, has been reset.
Furthermore, if after that, it refuses to reset or you can’t find the reset button, read through your product manual to know why and what to do next.
Why Do I Need to Replace My Samsung Refrigerator Filter Light Every 6 Months?
The reason you are advised to change your Samsung refrigerator filter light every six months is to ensure that the water and ice it produces are fresh, clean, and safe. Another reason is that it is pretty challenging for a refrigerator with a clogged filter to function effectively.
Furthermore, some of the Samsung refrigerators come with a specified time for you to change the filter light by the manufacturers. You must also reset the refrigerator’s filter light every six months for quality, healthy, and safe water and ice.
Why Is My Samsung Fridge Not Cooling, But Does the Freezer Work?
When issues like this occur, the first thing you should do is check to be sure the airflow is not blocked by looking through the vent. After that, you can rearrange everything you have in the fridge to make sure there is proper airflow.
Also, check the thermostat to be sure it hasn’t developed a fault because it controls the temperature in the fridge and freezer. If these two don’t work, check the condenser coils and clean them of specks of dust and dirt.
Again, double-check your refrigerator’s evaporator pan. Because once it’s not working, your fridge will not function appropriately. Other things may be the problem, but the ones mentioned should readily come to mind once you encounter such issues.
Final Thought on How to Reset Filter Light Samsung Refrigerator
Lastly, have you been searching on how to reset filter light Samsung refrigerator with no positive result? This post contains a detailed guide on how to get it done in minutes. We also detailed how to reset filter light on some of the Samsung refrigerator models. Finally, follow the guide written to get an effective result.